Simple Ways for YOU to Help!
Even if you don't have time to actively volunteer for an animal shelter or rescue group, there is a wide variety of things you can do to help homeless pets! Here is just a sample of the things which help out:
- Hang A Brochure at Work - Have a bulletin board in your breakroom, or available to the public? Why not hang a Nebraska Rescue Council brochure up so other people are informed about all of the great rescues throughout Nebraska?
- Involve A Place of Worship - Churches, synagogues, temples or other houses of worship are great places to inspire other people to adopt pets. Want some tips to get started? Bring our Religious Involvement Brochure to your religious leaders or board to get your congregation involved.
- Tell Friends and Family - Know of somebody looking to adopt a dog? Let them know about 100+ animal shelters and rescues throughout the State of Nebraska who have thousands of pets up for adoption.
- Promote Animals Online - Friend or post your favorite groups (or the Nebraska Rescue Council) on your favorite websites or boards... Facebook, Twitter, MySpace or Pinterest. Sites like Craig's List, local news or television channels, your city or company websites or many other websites are usually willing to put up our link to help out too.
- Take Down Ads - In your local grocery store or gas station and notice pets for sale ads hanging up? Take 'em down!!! Responsible breeders do not sell animals by hanging flyers or in the newspaper. You have just as much right to take them down as anyone does to hang them up.
- Vets, Groomers and Boarding Kennels - These are common places that animal fanatics visit, and if you don't see the Nebraska Rescue Council brochure there, encourage them to put it out for the public to take. Businesses can show they are socially conscious to their customers by promoting adoption on their websites or in a store.
- Donate - With an unlimited supply of animals needing help, donations are appreciated by every group small and large. Please verify the non-profit status of any group and you may also be able to deduct any donations from annual taxes.
- Contact Us - If you want to get involved more, send us an email via the Contact Us page, or let any groups you sponsor know you are interested in volunteering and find out their additional needs.